Sorry I am a little late with these posts, but I myself was in Malmö, Sweden for the Jury Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013! But on Saturday, we found out that the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 will be held in Denmark after Emmelie de Forest won the 2013 Contest with her song “Only Teardrops”! Here is a run through of what happened on Saturday night:
Anouk performed well, much to the joy of fans.
We started off the show with a video of a caterpillar’s journey from Baku to Malmö, also featuring in some of the shots from the postcards from different countries. The caterpillar forms its cocoon by the Øreund Bridge before emerging as the butterfly logo for this year’s contest. The opening ceremony was the artist coming into the Arena, while a choir sang a song composed by Avicci, plus Benny and Bjorn from ABBA. The show got underway with France opening up the show. Performances from Krista from Finland, Anouk from the Netherlands and Zlata from Ukraine all pleased the fans in the audience, with the songs finishing with Ireland’s Ryan Dolan and “Only Love Survives”. During the voting time, Loreen performed extracts from both her past Eurovision efforts, including “Euphoria” as well as her new song “We Got The Power”. During the interval act, Petra Mede, the host, introduced us to what the Swedes are like, including the fact that Sweden has legalised same-sex marriage and stay at home dads.
After that, the voting began. The voting in the beginning was very unpredictable, with most countries getting a point, but as the voting went on, Denmark started to pull away from the crowd, getting around 7-12 points per country. By the time
The final scoreboard of the contest.
20 countries had voted, Denmark had a lead that would be very hard for second placed Ukraine and third placed Azerbaijan to catch up. The voting continued and while Ukraine and Azerbaijan were fighting for 2nd place, Denmark was getting more and more points. By the time F.Y.R. Macedonia had finished voting, it was clear that Denmark had won the Contest, and this was proven when the Danish butterfly, shown in the postcard before Emmelie’s performance, was projected onto Petra’s dress and Emmelie was sent on to the stage. Here is the final score of the evening:
1. Denmark – Emmelie de Forest – Only Teardrops
2. Azerbaijan – Farid Mammadov – Hold Me
3. Ukraine – Zlata Ognevich – Gravity
4. Norway – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love
5. Russia – Dina Garipova – What If?
6. Greece – Koza Mostra ft. Agathonas Iakovidis – Alcohol Is Free
7. Italy – Marco Mengoni – L’essenziale
8. Malta – Gianluca Bezzina – Tomorrow
9. The Netherlands – Anouk – Birds
10. Hungary – ByeAlex – Kedvesem
11. Moldova – Aliona Moon – O mie
12. Belgium – Roberto Bellarosa – Love Kills
13. Romania – Cezar – It’s My Life
14. Sweden – Robin Stjernberg – You
15. Georgia – Sophie & Nodi – Waterfall
16. Belarus – Alyona Lanskaya – Solayoh
17. Iceland – Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson – Ég á líf
18. Armenia – Dorians – Lonely Planet
19. United Kingdom – Bonnie Tyler – Believe In Me
20. Estonia – Birgit – Et Uus Saaks Alguse
21. Germany – Cascada – Glorious
22. Lithuania – Andrius Pojavis – Something
23. France – Amandine Bourgeois – L’enfer et moi
24. Finland – Krista Siegfrids – Marry Me
25. Spain – El Sueño de Morfeo – Contigo Hasta el Final (With You Until the End)
26. Ireland – Ryan Dolan – Only Love Survives
So the Eurovision 2014 will be held in Denmark! What do you think of the result? Let me know by comments!!